PCR LONDON VALVES 2019 NEW INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP DAY WITH FRANCESCO MAISANO AND ZURICH HEART LAB
14 October 2019
One day only! The Zurich Heart Team unveils the secrets of structural interventions for heart valve disease with hands-on advanced simulator based training.
Professor Francesco Maisano and the Zurich University Heart Team unveil the secrets of structural interventions for heart valve disease. Learn wire skills with high-fidelity simulators for interactive hands-on education and experience!
- 1 Unique Experience
- 900 mt2 Training Village
- 27 HeartLab Workshops
- 10 Faculty Trainers
- 20 High-Fidelity Simulators
- 15 Human Heart Hodels
- 8 Industry Partners
PCR London Valves 2019 – Focus on hands-on training
Come boost your skills with a multitude of options for gaining hands-on experience!
If you are looking to learn new skills or brush up on some practical abilities in valvular interventions, you are bound to find something to suit you at PCR London Valves this year. With the brand new dedicated Interactive Workshop Day, three additional session rooms for simulation-based learning led by the Zurich HeartLab and the ever-popular Training Village, prepare to accelerate your learning experience throughout the Course!
New this year: Interactive Workshop Day
Taking place on the first day of the Course – Sunday 17 November – the new Interactive Workshop Day comprises a total of nine lively 90-minute workshops. They are specially built to help participants expand their experience and practical abilities in a dynamic environment, including some for those practitioners who are at the very beginning of their careers.
- Room 2 will be home to 3 Anatomy LIVE workshops for applied learning. LIVE demonstrations with real human hearts will help the community to better understand the pathology of aortic, mitral and tricuspid valve disease. The transmissions will be from Padua, Italy.
- Room 3 will be dedicated to complications, with 3 interactive Learning Workshops on complications such as: coronary occlusion/vascular complications, and MitraClip complications.
- Room 4 will offer 3 Learning Workshops on special procedures: coronary access after TAVI, transcaval access, and BASILICA to avoid coronary obstruction in high risk anatomy. Recorded cases will be used to trigger plenty of audience interaction.
Simulation-based Learning Area with the Zurich HeartLab
HeartLab workshops provided the core educational content of the Mitral Valve Meeting (MVM), which is now fully integrated at #PCRLV. The workshops involve the presentation of a specific cardiovascular procedure by an expert team, followed by live demonstration using simulators and realistic models.
In keeping with the MVM spirit, 3 brand new session rooms focusing on transseptal puncture, structural intervention skills and mitral and tricuspid interventions will be home to these dedicated sessions throughout the 3-day PCR Course, making a grand total of 27 small-group workshops where participants will benefit from ideal conditions to prepare themselves for real-life clinical situations.
Workshop titles include the following:
- Basic wire skills for structural valve intervention
- Hands on the aortic valve for the structural interventionist: learn from the surgeons
- Complications during mitral intervention: prevention and management
- Hands on the mitral and tricuspid valve for the structural interventionist: learn from the surgeons
- Transseptal puncture: hands-on deep learning
Training Village supported by 8 valued Industry Partners
These practical workshops for a limited number of participants focus on innovative technologies and are simulator-, tool-, case- or presentation-based. They provide fantastic opportunities for hands-on education and experience on a large range of topics.
- Total training workshop area of 830sqm
- 190sqm dedicated to imaging
- Workshops for all levels of experience
- Wide choice of topics