Meditrial is a global organization dedicated to delivering world-class solutions and technology to drive innovation to reality. Together with successful founders, leading academic and industry partners, Meditrial catalyzes the transformation of your inventions into commercial products. We are proud to serve the most innovative companies in the world.
Meditrial Europe LTD, (henceforth “Meditrial”), headquartered in Bahnofstrasse 23, CH 6300 Zug, Switzerland is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Meditrial Web site and governs data collection and usage. By using the Meditrial website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Data Protection Officer
Principles relating to processing of personal data
According to the article 5 of GDPR any personal data which you provide to Meditrial over this website or which is otherwise gathered via the website by Meditrial will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimization’);
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; (‘storage limitation’);
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
Personal data processed
- Name, address and contact detailsMeditrial collects personally identifiable information (“personal data”), such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Meditrial also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
In order to contact us, you are required to provide your personal data, filling in some free text fields. If you decide to fill those fields sharing personal data related to other persons, you will be considered as an independent data controller regarding that personal data and must assume all inherent legal obligations and responsibilities. This means, among other things, that you must fully indemnify Meditrial against any complaints, claims or demands for compensation for damages which may arise from the processing of this personal data, brought by the third parties whose information you provide through the Website.
- Browsing datasThere is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Meditrial. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by Meditrial for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Meditrial Web site.
- Special categories of personal dataSensitive personal data is not requested information on Meditrial website. However, since the text fields to contact Meditrial are completely free, you may use them to disclose (inadvertently or not) more sensitive categories of personal data, such as data revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership. The content you upload in these fields may also (inadvertently or not) include other types of sensitive information relating to you, such as your genetic data, biometric data or data concerning your health, sex life or sexual orientation.Meditrial asks that you do not disclose any sensitive personal data on this website, unless you consider this to be strictly necessary. As it is totally optional to provide this information, if you do, this action will be an explicit consent to process the personal data provided by you.Meditrial does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Please keep also in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Meditrial public message boards, you relieve Meditrial of any liability relating to the processing of this data, which may be collected and used by others.
- Job applicationsMeditrial collects job applicants’ contact details and personal data included in their CV, which are sent to the email-address email@example.com or any other Company channels (ex. by post) for employment purpose.
Purpose of processing
Meditrial intends to use your personal data, collected through the Website, for the following purposes:
- Service provisionMeditrial collects and uses your personal information to operate the Meditrial Web site and deliver the services you have requested.
- MarketingMeditrial also uses your personal data to inform you of other products or services available from Meditrial and its affiliates. Meditrial may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- Human resources selection and job recruitmentMeditrial will process job applicants’ personal data (contact details and personal information included in the curriculum vitae) only to consider applicants’ candidacy for working at Meditrial.
- ComplianceMeditrial will process your personal data to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
- Preventing misuse/fraudYour personal data may be handled to prevent and detect any misuse of this website or any fraudulent activity carried out through the Website.
Data retention period
The data retention period varies according to the different purposes of processing. In detail personal data processed for:
- Service Provision will be kept by Meditrial for the period deemed strictly necessary to fulfil such purposes – in any case, as these Personal data are processed for the provision of the Services, Meditrial may continue to store this Personal data for a longer period, as may be necessary to protect Meditrial’s interests related to potential liability related to the provision of the Services;
- Marketing and Profiling will be kept by Meditrial from the moment you give consent until the moment you withdraw the consent given. Once consent is withdrawn, Personal data will no longer be used for these purposes, although it may still be kept by Meditrial, in particular as may be necessary to protect Meditrial’s interests related to potential liability related to this processing;
- Human resources selection and job recruitment will be retained by Meditrial for as long as deemed strictly necessary to fulfil these purposes;
- Compliance will be kept by Meditrial for the period required by the specific legal obligation or by the applicable law;
- Preventing Misuse/Fraud will be kept by Meditrial for as long as deemed strictly necessary to fulfil these purposes.
Sharing of your personal data
The persons or entities with whom your personal data may be shared (“Recipients”) are listed below:
- Persons authorised by Meditrial to to process personal data needed to carry out activities strictly related to the provision of the services, who have undertaken an obligation of confidentiality or are subject to an appropriate legal obligation of confidentiality;
- Entities engaged in order to provide the services (e.g., hosting providers or e-mail platform providers);
- Persons, companies or professional firms providing Meditrial with advice and consultancy regarding accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial and debt collection matters related to the provision of the services;
- Public entities, bodies or authorities to whom your personal data may be disclosed, in accordance with the applicable law or binding orders of those entities, bodies or authorities.
Meditrial Meditrial’s websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Meditrial;
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Meditrial, or the public.
Transfer of personal data
The personal data collected by us may be transferred for the above-mentioned processing purposes to any third parties to whom Meditrial subcontracts all or part of this processing. This may for instance include e-marketing service providers, hosting providers and any other relevant roles. Note that your personal data will never be sold to a third party. In the event of transfer of personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area, Meditrial systematically ensures the application of an adequate level of protection of such personal data by means approved by applicable data protection legislation. In particular, Meditrial implements appropriate safeguards to ensure the lawfulness and security of these personal data transfers, such as by relying on adequacy decisions from the European Commission, standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission, or other safeguards or conditions considered adequate to the transfer at hand.
Data subjects’ rights
With regard to the processing of your personal data, Meditrial acknowledges the following rights to you:
- the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to withdraw the consent to data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority in particular in the EU Member State of their habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR
You can always exercise your rights described above by sending a written request to Meditrial at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditrial takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.
The Meditrial Web site use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Meditrial pages, or register with Meditrial site or services, a cookie helps Meditrial to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Meditrial Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Meditrial features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Meditrial services or Web sites you visit.
Consent to personal data processing
Sending your CV from the “Career” page or completing the “Contacts” page of Meditrial website constitues a free initiative of the applicant, therefore it is intended as an explicit consent to personal data processing.
Changes to this Statement
Meditrial will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Meditrial encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Meditrial is protecting your information.
Meditrial welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Meditrial has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Meditrial at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
Last update: 06-May-2020