FDA issued “guidance to provide a policy to help expand the availability and capability of non-invasive remote monitoring devices to facilitate patient monitoring while reducing patient and healthcare provider contact and exposure to COVID-19 for the duration of the COVID-19 public health emergency.”
The enforcement policy described in this guidance applies to the legally marketed non-invasive remote monitoring devices that measure or detect common physiological parameters and that are used to support patient monitoring during the COVID-19 public health emergency. Examples may include wearable, hand-held, stationary in-home monitoring and digital interfaces.
For more details, please see the original guidance from FDA.
Meditrial can help – Contact us for immediate support
Meditrial has developed rapid workflows to conduct risk assessment, implement rescue plans and execute solutions for ongoing clinical trials:
- Identify patients requiring follow-up
- Conduct investigator and study nurse calls for training to address the situation
- Obtain authorizations for decentralized data collection
- Support to patients for alternative access to needed care
- Prepare procedures and worksheets for remote collection of patient clinical data
- Monitor work instructions and trainings for site support and remote monitoring
- EDC and ePRO solutions to enable study continuity
- Privacy protection measures
Contact Meditrial for immediate assistance in Europe or the US.
Free Helpline +1-800-901-4286